The only news that will ever change the world is the good news that Jesus is King
Scripture: 1 Corinthians 15:1-10
- What is some news you could hear today that would be so good you would have to share it with others?
- What makes something news? What makes news good?
- Why does the New Testament define the message of Jesus as good NEWS rather than good ADVICE?
- Read 1 Corinthians 15:1. Why do even Christians need to be reminded of the Gospel?
- Read 1 Corinthians 15:3-4. Paul defines the Gospel as the story of Jesus living, dying, and rising again - as the fulfillment of Scripture. Why do we need to be reminded that this is the Gospel and rooted in this Gospel?
- God's grace transformed Paul (1 Corinthians 15:9-10). He was one way before meeting Jesus and another way after meeting Jesus. How is Paul an example to you of grace, repentance and transformation?
- To use the example of a seedling, repentance is allowing God to transplant us from a small tray (the little story we've always known) into a vast piece of land (the big story of God restoring this world). Why do we resist repentance?
- When a young tree is 'stressed' without water, it puts down deeper roots. How is our current crisis an opportunity to put down deeper roots in Christ?
- What are a few Gospel truths you can be certain of in an uncertain world?