Scripture: Mark 2:1-12
- Mark 2:1-12 tells about something amazing. What's something amazing you have seen God do lately? Encourage the group with the story!
- Why do you think the paralyzed man's 4 friends are nameless in this story?
- Chris Liebrum made some great observations about this text in his message Sunday. First of all, these friends understood the value of one. They worked to bring their one friend to Jesus. Who is someone who saw the value in introducing you to Jesus?
- Do you have a 'one' that you commit to focus on in prayer and love to help bring that one closer to Jesus? How can this group help?
- Second, the friends valued cooperation as they brought their sick friend to Jesus. How do you see cooperation in this story?
- Where is an area in your life you've been trying to 'go it alone' but you need cooperation with others?
- Third, these friends valued innovation. They didn't let a long line stop them, they cut a hole in a roof! Why do we tend to fight innovation? Where is an area in your life or relationships you need to ask God for innovative ideas?
- Finally, these friends understood the cost. What did it cost in this story to bring someone to Jesus? What might it cost today?
- Chris told a powerful story about his parents meeting as children in Buckner home for orphans. How did this story impact you? How does it motivate you to consider that when you introduce someone to Jesus, generations are impacted?