Because Jesus has made a fool out of evil, evil has lost its power to make a fool out of you.
Scripture: Luke 24:1-12, 1 Corinthians 1:18-25
- Have you ever been part of a good April Fools' day prank? What was it?
- While light-hearted pranks can be funny, most of us hate feeling foolish. What are ways that we try to prevent ever looking or feeling foolish?
- In Genesis 3 we find that humanity was fooled into believing fulfillment could be found in rebelling against God and seating ourselves on the throne of our lives. What are ways that evil seeks to make a fool out of us?
- How has this played out in your life?
- When Jesus died, evil thought it had made a fool out of God. In the resurrection, Jesus made a fool out of evil! What difference does this make?
- Paul writes in 1 Corinthians 1:18-25 that the message of the cross is foolishness to many. Why did the Gospel seem foolish then? Why does it seem foolish now?
- What does it mean to be a fool for Christ?
- What are some ways that fools for Christ walk out of step with the world?