We have a problem. God made a promise. The promise is a person.
- What are some signs of a hard heart?
- What leads to a hard heart? What leads to restoration?
- Read Deuteronomy 6:4-5. How does this passage inform what it means to be a parent or grandparent?
- How can you cultivate deep love for God? What hinders this?
- Read Deuteronomy 10:12-22. Moses brings together love for God and love for people. Why is 10:16 stated in between loving God and loving others?
- In Deuteronomy 30:6 Moses offers a promise from God. What does 'God will circumcise your heart' mean? How does this happen? See Romans 2:38-39.
- What are the characteristics of a new heart? How is putting on this new heart both a one time thing and an every day thing?
- Below are a few practices through which we 'choose life.' Which are most difficult for you? How can this group help?
- Abiding in Christ
- Submitting to God's word
- Living in Community