Stay faithful when your net is empty. Stay humble when your net is full.
Scripture: Luke 5:1-11
- Even though we live in an age of scientific and technological advancement, people continue to have a thirst for spiritual meaning. Why?
- U2 sings, 'I still haven't found what I'm looking for.' How does this lyric describe every person's search for meaning?
- When Jesus encounters the fishermen in Luke 5, they have had an unsuccessful night of fishing. Whatever our vocation, we can sometimes relate to having 'empty nets.' How do work frustrations affect you spiritually?
- How are we tempted to find our identity in work or make an idol of work? What is a redeemed relationship to work?
- What does it look like to stay faithful when your nets are empty?
- Why does Peter respond the way he does in Luke 5:8?
- How do you struggle to stay humble when your nets are full?
- Tim Keller writes, 'Don't let success go to your head. Don't let failure go to your heart.' Unpack this statement.
- When your nets are empty and someone else's are full, how can you overcome the temptation to compare or get bitter?
- Jesus calls each of us to follow him. How can your vocation be a vehicle for God's mission?