The good news preached by Jesus is 'the kingdom of God is at hand. Repent and believe the gospel.' Heaven has invaded earth! Jesus' message is not one of escapism but of TRANSFORMATION. We are called to be people on the lookout for what God is doing in this world.
Now after John was arrested, Jesus came into Galilee, proclaiming the gospel of God, and saying, “The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel.”
If a movie was made about your life, what actor would you want to play you?
- According to the Scripture above, what is the gospel that Jesus preached?
- How is the kingdom message good news, not just good advice?
- The kingdom of God/kingdom of heaven is the rule and reign of God. It is where God's will is done, where things are happening God's way. Given this understanding, what does it mean to pray, 'your kingdom come, your will be done?'
- Living the kingdom mission is about joining God in what he is already doing. God is at work in the church, on your job, and in the darkest corners of the world. How would you live if you viewed your life as a mission trip?
- Read Matthew 6:33. In practice, what does it mean to be on the lookout for what God is doing? How is living the kingdom life like being a kid in an Easter egg hunt?
- Most people don't go to the gym just to go to the gym. They go in order to become strong and healthy. Going to the gym affects life. How is church similar? How can church equip and unleash people for living the kingdom life?
- Read the Lord's Prayer (Matthew 6:9-13). What does 'your kingdom come, your will be done' have to do with bread, forgiveness, being led, and deliverance?