Jesus invites us to join a revolution, not just nod our heads in agreement!
What is your favorite thing to do in the summer?
- Few believed Dr. Semmelweis's revolutionary message in the 19th Century ('wash your hands') because his message conflicted with the medical dogma of the time. Why do people often resist change so fiercely?
- If someone told Dr. Semmelweis, 'I believe your message but I am not going to wash my hands,' would that make much sense?
- What is the difference between AGREEING WITH the revolutionary message of Jesus and actually BELIEVING it/ practicing it?
- Jesus' revolution is not OF this world, but it is FOR this world. Read John 18:36. What does it mean that His kingdom is not from (does not get its power/values from) this world?
- How is God's kingdom FOR this world?
- What are specific ways that kingdom citizens look upside down to this world? (See Especially Matthew 5-7)
- What are ways that Jesus seems crazy even to people who claim to be Christians?
- Where are areas of life that you are tempted to dismiss or reject the revolutionary way of Jesus?