In Matthew 13 Jesus tells kingdom stories to illuminate what the kingdom of God is like. Like a seed, the kingdom is packed with power yet easy overlook. The kingdom of God is easy to miss. But once you discover it, the change in you will be impossible to hide.
What is the weirdest thing you've ever eaten?
- Jesus compares the kingdom to a seed, a little bit of leaven hidden in dough, and hidden treasure. What is Jesus getting at with these images?
- Zechariah 4:10 says 'do not despise the day of small beginnings.' Why are we tempted to look down on small beginnings and small steps?
- Read Matthew 13:10-12. What do you see there?
- Read 13:19. How has the word of the kingdom been stolen from you before?
- Read 13:20-21. How has this been you?
- Read 13:22. How can choking anxiety be overcome?
- Read 13:23. What makes the good soil different?
- What kind of fruit is Jesus talking about?