We cultivate healthy soil as we daily acknowledge our need for guidance and rescue.
Scripture: Matthew 6:13, Mark 14:32-42, 1 Corinthians 10:1-13
- Describe a time you walked through a season of temptation or testing. How do those situations reveal the condition of our heart?
- What is the difference between the way God tests and the way evil tempts?
- What are the challenges and benefits of acknowledging our daily need for guidance and protection?
- What does 'lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil' reveal about us? What does it reveal about God?
- Why does rooting out sin in our lives require daily vigilance?
- Have you ever been in temptation but didn't realize it in the moment?
- Read Mark 14:32-42. What does it mean to 'watch and pray?' What is the temptation Jesus refers to here?
- Read 1 Corinthians 10:12. Who is Paul talking to here and what does he mean?
- Read 1 Corinthians 10:13. Do you agree that the basic temptation we all face is to forget God's faithfulness? How can you root your life in the faithfulness of God?