Knowing God as Father is the first step and the finish line of prayer.
Scripture: Matthew 6:9, Mark 14:32-42
- What are some 'weeds' in your life that keep cropping up again?
- How does prayer cultivate healthy soil in our hearts?
- How is knowing God as Father both the first step and finish line of prayer?
- Dallas Willard defines prayer as, 'Talking to God about what we are doing together.' What do you think of this description?
- Why does the New Testament place such emphasis on God's fatherhood? What are some differences between living as an orphan vs. a child of God?
- To be God's child means intimacy with God, freedom from slavery, and apprenticeship to God. What do each of these mean in your life?
- What does it mean to 'hallow' God's name and how can this group help one another in that?
- Read Mark 14:32-42. Being God's child does not prevent suffering, it prepares us for suffering. How can this comfort you?
- In Jesus' greatest agony we see his greatest intimacy with His Father. What does this teach you?