Recognizing Jesus in the Law
- How does the story of Moses point to Jesus?
- Read Galatians 3:19-22. Logan shared that a primary purpose of the Mosaic law was to demonstrate our inability to keep it, revealing our need for God's grace. How does the law reveal our need for Jesus?
- Why was the Law needed at all? Couldn’t Christ have come right after Adam sinned?
- What does it mean that Jesus has fulfilled the law (Matthew 5:17)?
- Deuteronomy 6:5 and 10:12 state the essence of the law. Jesus echoes this in Mark 12:29-31. How does loving God and others summarize the law? What difference does this make?
- Why does the modern Church still struggle with “laws of righteousness”? In other words, what are ways we seek to prove we are righteous by keeping external rules?
- In what ways do we pick and choose how we love?
- How can your home, this group, our church, your relationships, and your politics more accurately reflect Biblical Love?