Life comes into focus when we focus on Jesus.
Read Colossians 3:1-4
- Matt shared about how distorted his vision was before he got glasses in the 3rd grade. He couldn't see but didn't know he couldn't see. When has there been a time your spiritual vision was distorted but you didn't know it?
- We were created for community - why did God put a desire for connection within us?
- What are some ways community lets us down? What are some ways we let community down? How can we overcome these?
- Richard Rohr says, 'People don't see things as they are, they see things as THEY are.' What does this say to you? How does our lens affect what we see?
- What are some distorted lenses we sometimes view life through?
- In Colossians 3, Paul reminds us of our identity. You have died and risen with Christ! Why is telling people WHO they ARE more effective than telling them WHAT to DO?
- How does your 'one another' life with Jesus impact your 'one another' life with others?
- How are you and Jesus doing? How are your human relationships? How can we pray?