The blood of the lamb says you belong to God and to God's community.
Scripture: Exodus 12
- Share a memory where you were positively impacted by someone offering you their presence.
- Share a memory where you wish you would have been present with someone else.
- What is your biggest hindrance to offering your presence to others?
- Read about the first Passover in Exodus 12:1-14. Imagine you were sitting around the table at that first Passover meal. What thoughts or feelings might you have had?
- What is the significance of the spotless lamb?
- Blood on doorposts (12:13) is messy. How do we insulate ourselves from the 'messiness' of worship and life?
- Read Revelation 5:12. What does it mean that Jesus is the 'lamb who was slain?' How does Passover point to him? Why did Jesus die at Passover?
- At the center of the story of Israel was the Passover meal. At the center of the Christian story is Christ crucified and risen. How can encountering Christ's presence around the table prepare us to offer true presence to others?