Jesus is bigger than our boxes!
Scripture: Luke 5:17-26
- What are some boxes we try to put God in?
- What are some 'paradoxical' statements made by Jesus? (Example: if you lose your life you'll find it)
- Read Luke 5:17-26. Jesus attracts the dutiful and the desperate? How are we all both dutiful and desperate?
- Bob Goff says, 'Most of pride's prisoners think they are the guards.' What does this statement say to you?
- How are we tempted to be like the Pharisees today?
- What's the difference between being merely informed and being transformed?
- Why were Jesus' words here so controversial?
- How do healings and forgiveness both point to a greater reality - that Jesus is the 'Son of Man' of Daniel 7, the long expected king?
- People walked away marveling at the 'extraordinary things' (paradoxes) they had seen. How does Jesus change our 'campfire conversations?'
- How is Jesus a 'walking paradox' who refuses to fit into a neat box?
- How do you become a 'walking paradox' when you walk with Jesus?