Let the Gospel destroy your shame or shame will destroy you.
Scripture: Joshua 2
- Shame can be described as a painful feeling of exposure or humiliation. Why is shame such a powerful force?
- Read Psalm 34:5. What does this reveal about shame and its antidote?
- How might Rahab have struggled with shame?
- In welcoming enemies, providing refuge, and providing escape, how does Rahab point us to Jesus?
- Read Matthew 1:5. Jesus is not ashamed of Rahab. He does not refuse to be associated with her. How does this speak to you?
- Read Joshua 2:8-13. What characterizes Rahab's faith?
- Of all the people in Jericho God could have chosen, why Rahab? Of all the people God could have worked through, why Rahab?
- How do we shame ourselves? How do we shame others? Why is shame so destructive?
- How can the Gospel destroy your shame?