God is a loyal friend who provides us loyal friends and who sent Jesus as our ultimate loyal friend.
Scripture: Ruth 1:1-18
- When has there been a time in your life God provided you a loyal friend?
- Who is someone in your life that might need a loyal friend today?
- How can this group grow in modeling Ruth-like loyalty, kindness, and commitment to Christ and each other?
- Ruth has nothing to offer Naomi but her empty hands. She enters Naomi's family by faith. How does this mirror our entry into God's family?
- What does the family of God mean to you?
- Many professing Christians are 'church hitchhikers.' In other words, it is easy to be along for the ride as long as things are going my way and then leave when the going gets tough. What is the alternative to being a church hitchhiker?
- Family has conflict with one another. Biblical loyalty is not blind loyalty - sometimes we disagree! How can we work through conflict in such a way that we honor God, serve one another, and grow in the process?
- 'Community is forged, not found.' What does this statement mean to you?
- How does Ruth point us to our need for Jesus? For family?